Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baby Tapir, I want to squeeze you.

Yes, this is going into the "plant friends" category. We don't need Avatar for quality animals. Although I wouldn't mind braiding up to one of those horse creatures...

This and many other things you want to get really close to from cuteoverload, which I visit far too often. Speaking of which, someone once told me that this is the substance (a hormone) which makes you (me) squeal with joy when we encounter very, very cute things and want to squeeze them until their eyes pop out:

"Oxytocin is best known for its roles in female reproduction: 1) it is released in large amounts after distension of the cervix and vagina during labor, and 2) after stimulation of the nipples, facilitating birth and breastfeeding, respectively. Recent studies have begun to investigate oxytocin's role in various behaviors, including orgasm, social recognition, pair bonding, anxiety, trust, love, and maternal behaviors.[2]" (wikipedia)



I don't know if it's true, but it would make sense if there is powerful stuff involved.

No comments: